Symptoms will become less intense the more you understand the nature of what is being brought to the surface and do the work of releasing it.
Kundalini awakening can surface as a result of an emotional trauma, extended periods of meditation.
Kundalini awakening is the early stage of the phenomenon
Kundalini awakening in its early manifestations usually but not always begins in the lower chakra’s and lower torso and feels like an electrical currents that permeates through the body. It generally begins with periods of intensity then subsides. The duration is dependent on your ability and willingness to attend to the physical, emotional and mental healing needs as they arise in the lower chakras. Kundalini awakening often coincides with midlife crisis however; more recently, younger people are coming to me who are undergoing an awakening.
Kundalini Rising is a full blown body response. Thought patterns, belief systems, spiritual dilemmas or concerns will be brought to the surface. It is important to work with the energy. Ignoring something that comes up could make the experience unbearable and would prolong the stage you are working through. All the shifts that occur in your body will assist you to become more open and aware. The Kundalini at this stage is an electrically alive current of energy that is constant motion in the body.
You may feel or experience:
– Confusion and feel uneasy or unsettled but not able to pinpoint the reason. You may go through periods where you feel completely alone in the world and no one understands you. You may feel estranged from everything and everyone you have known. Trust that this is a temporary condition that manifests to encourage you to explore your relationship, emotional and mental patterns.
-Fiery current of energy running through your body, sometimes it’s intermittent and other times constantly.
-Bouts of depression or dark night of the soul, this is important to process as it will lead to many insights and growth
-Ecstasy. Periods when the energy rises up through individual chakras , all the chakras at once or just the spine, in an ecstatic, orgasmic state of divine bliss that is not connected to a sexual act.
-Fluctuations of body weight. Many clients experience weight-loss, particularly if their Kundalini awakened as a result of a relationship trauma. In these situations clients are commonly convinced they have met their twin flame due to the intensity of the experience however, it is my belief that the intensity is due to the need for karmic balancing. Weight gain is also common place in the early stages and points to emotional blocks that require releasing. Be gentle with yourself as emotional blocks have many layers and can be a prolonged healing process
-Aches and pains indicate blocked energy. Your body will want to adjust and balance energy through the various stages of Kudalini awakening and rising. Kundalini energy when it arises will hit trauma stored in the body which can be quite intense and magnified but necessary to motivate you into action.
Aches and pains are the physical body’s feedback system indicating the energy is not flowing freely. This is a normal part of the process and should be addressed with healing work as outlined in this book. When the healing is complete the discomfort will go away. The same chakra may flare up again. This is an indication that healing another layer, not previously addressed, requires your attention.
The body has an intelligence of its own. When these discomforts arise, it is the body’s way of illuminating an area where healing is required.
– A younger appearance or feel younger. Many awakened souls will naturally look or emit a younger presence than their actual years.
– Heightened spiritual, intuitive or psychic awareness, as layers are peeled back and you become more soul aligned; your gifts will increase exponentially.
-Sudden surges of electricity through the body that makes you jolt, especially during spiritual work or meditation. In the early part of Kundalini awakening this jolting may happen very frequently. During this period I told people I was having a bout of hiccups as the surge in energy literally made me jump.
-Energy going through the body varies a great deal from day to day particularly in the early stages of awakening. Sometimes the energy is gentle and can feel like champagne bubbles through the body, sometimes the energy is so strong that you must find time to do some healing work. The secret here is to get in tune with what your body’s needs and respond to it. If you need to clear an emotional block do the process outlined in the book and if your body is crying out for rest, rest up. Just be in touch with your internal guidance system and do what is being called for.
-Snakelike movement through the body can be felt at different times just respond to energy in whatever way is called for. You may find you need to dance, roll side it side on your back or form your body into a yoga position even if you have never tried yoga before. *Spontaneous yoga positions can happen in the healing process just go with your bodies needs and respond to it. Trust the process.
– Dreams may take on a deeper significance. Past life dreams are not uncommon and may begin to filter through into your dreams frequently. The dreams will be extraordinarily vivid in colour and emotion and can leave you a little shell-shocked. The purpose of the dreams is to bring to the surface something that needs healing. Look at it as a signpost that takes your attention to a pattern or problem still operating in your current life. Many important messages will come from dreams, so keep a dream diary and reflect often until the message is understood.
– Your personal vibration or aura becomes more pronounced as you awaken particularly after clearing the third chakra.
-An awareness of connectivity with everyone and everything can follow a chakra awakening.
-A need to develop trust. It is very important on this journey to develop a higher level of trust. Allow the awakening to unfold whilst keenly tuned to your guidance. The guidance will become strengthened the more you trust and respond accordingly. I can’t state how important this is. Trust is the key to your awakening. Just as understanding the potential of surrendering or understanding the nature unconditional love. Don’t expect to get the entirety of this at once. It is a process and for each level of these spiritual keys that is understood another layer is revealed.
As a healer and teacher of intuitive development for many years, I thought I knew and understood the nature of trust, surrender and unconditional love but as the awakening turned into full blown Kundalini rising, more and more aspects of these spiritual keys and other spiritual attributes revealed another level of complexity and subsequently led me deeper into my personal journey and believe me, awakening is a personal and individual journey despite the many classic symptoms experienced collectively by those who are awakening.
-Called to challenge your beliefs systems and thought patterns
-Enhanced healing ability and spiritual gifts
– Spontaneous automatic yoga poses or mudras during an intense healing session.
-Sensitivity to people and environment. When the energy you are processing is in a heightened state, you may become sensitive to people who you had no problem being around previously. The energy of certain people will feel depleting to be around or you may find their attitudes to life jarring on your senses. Certain environment may become intolerable to you, such as bars, clubs or even schools if you are a student. At this time it is common to find pungent aroma’s, visual or auditory data extraordinarily uncomfortable. The key here is to honor your needs and spend time in environments that you feel most drawn to.
-Watch that you don’t get caught in a messiah complex where you have a feeling grandiose enlightenment, of being special. Cultivate humbleness.
– Traumatic change of existing conditions. As Kundalini rises, it draws into your life, conditions that result in an emotional trauma to facilitate a breakdown of everything you know and understand, so that a new life presence can emerge from the ashes that once was your old life. A good analogy of the system in place is demonstrated by the Tower tarot card. I believe the Tower represents aims of the Kundalini experience. It is the complete destruction of the old so that a new structure can be built in its place.
– Any unhealed childhood wounds will resurface in order to be resolved. In my own life, almost a decade before I understood I was experiencing a full blown Kundalini rising, unresolved childhood wounds began surfacing which I could no longer sweep under the carpet. The experience was traumatic and unexpected. I thought I had dealt sufficiently with all those experiences earlier in my life and when these feeling began to surface I honestly felt, if I didn’t do something about it, I would have a mental breakdown. During this time some of the blindfolds I wore in my life began to fall away. It dawned on me that my marriage was not working and despite how frightening it was to me, I ended the marriage with two pre-schoolers in my care. I am grateful to my ex-husband for the 12 years we had together, but it was clear the marriage no longer worked for either one of us. Ending my marriage was the bravest act of valour I had ever done in my life. At that stage of my life I lived in complete fear and limitation despite having so much knowledge and experience of the spiritual realm.
When the Kundalini begins awakening, your demons will need to be laid to rest and believe me there is nowhere to hide. When you are at the stage of early rising you will have spasmodic episodes of intense emotional releasing or intense spiritual experiences that in time, as you peel back the layers, will escalate into full Kundalini rising.
– You may experience muscular kriyas. As Kundalini rises through the body it produce not only physical manifestations of shaking, jolting but movements that are reminiscent of yoga poses (kriyas) or mudras even if you have never been exposed to them before.
– You may also experience shifts in consciousness, shifts in beliefs, perspective, release parts of yourself that are no longer aligned to awakening aspect of you. An awakened Kundalini accelerates everything.
-Kundalini burns off karma.
-The dismantling of the power of your ego has had over you.
-Emotional maturation is common.
-Electrical equipment such as computers or televisions may breakdown, and light bulbs pop due to your high vibration. Meditate, relax or get out in nature to balance and control the energy you are emitting.
– You may smell smoke, incense, roses or other aromas periodically.
-You may hear sounds such a buzzing, humming, ringing, music or an ongoing drone or roaring in your ear.
-Paralysis or numbness, in part of, or all of your body during sleep or healing.
– A full body response with a whole spectrum of emotional feelings and sensory responses. All the shifts that occur In your body help you to become more open and self-aware.
– Kundalini energy as an electrically alive sensation that is a constant current flowing through your body.